H-1B - Temporary Specialty Worker Visa

Frequently Asked Questions About the H-1B Visa

The H-1B visa process has an annual cap, and applications are accepted during a specific filing period. Once the cap is reached, USCIS conducts a lottery to select the petitions that will proceed for further processing.

The date varies from year to year. You can follow the lottery announcements on the USCIS website and view the results in your USCIS online account.

Yes! To request premium processing, you will need to submit Form I-907, Request for Premium Processing Service, and pay the filing fee at the same time as you file your Form I-129 petition.

The H-1B visa is considered a dual intent visa. It allows applicants to express their intention to stay in the U.S. temporarily for work purposes while also having the long-term goal of becoming a permanent resident. Ask our H-1B lawyers for mor information.

Usually, the H-1B visa is valid for 3 years. Your employer can apply for an extension for up to three additional years.

Yes, it is possible to transfer the H-1B visa to a new employer! The new employer must file a Labor Certification Application with the Department of Labor, followed by a new H-1B petition on your behalf to complete the transfer.

Unfortunately, if you lose your job, you also lose your status. You will have a 60-day grace period to return to your country.

Contact our H-1B Visa Attorneys today for a consultation!

Although the H-1B visa does not have complicated requirements, you must be careful when filling out the forms. Your best option is to have the help of a professional to avoid any complications that could jeopardize your process.

At Symphorien-Saavedra Law, we have extensive experience in these cases and are ready to help guide you through the process as quickly and accurately as possible.

Check our clients reviews and contact us at 407-802-1717 to schedule a consultation with one of our immigration attorneys and discuss your specific situation. You may also fill out the online form provided on this page and we will contact you promptly

Contact us

Orlando Immigration Lawyer - Frank Symphorien-Saavedra

Symphorien-Saavedra Law, P.A. is a diverse team of immigrants who are dedicated to helping immigrants, small businesses, and investors.

(*) This information is provided for general purposes and is not a substitute for individualized advice. You should schedule a consultation to discuss your particular situation.